Cupcakes have been around since the 19th century, when people presumably made cakes and measured the ingredients by the cup or cooked them inside a cup, thus the name. These days, cupcakes are more than just food; cupcakes are edible art. They are delightful pieces of sweets that are not just a feast for the stomach but also for the eyes.
Cupcakes have really gained so much popularity, especially after shows dedicated to cupcakes such as TLC’s DC Cupcakes have started showing people how exciting it is to make cupcakes. The entire process takes a lot of hard work and patience, but the exercise of creativity involved can be cathartic just as eating a beautifully decorated and wonderfully tasty cupcake can be uplifting.
You don’t need to be an expert to bake and decorate cupcakes that will make your friends and loved ones happy. With the help of this guide, you will be able to come up with scrumptious sweet treats that are perfect as presents to family and friends for their birthday celebrations.
• Learn simple cupcake recipes that are easy to follow and that are guaranteed hits and tummy fillers for both children and adults.
• Learn to present your cupcakes as gifts to your loved ones even with the simplest decorations such as chocolate shavings, sprinkles, and paper toppers.
• Find ways to create playful designs following specific themes that are very beautiful to look at but are actually very easy to execute.
• Take cake decorating to another level by playing with fondant and creating interesting designs that even kids can do.
• Learn how to you can make your own personalized home-baked gift that the recipient will surely appreciate and be happy with.
Decorating cupcakes isn’t as hard as you think it is. With just some simple materials, you can come up with pretty cupcakes that you’ll find too cute to eat.
• If you’re making a cake for kids, make the decoration colorful. Kids are attracted by colors and shapes. Decide on a theme and work around it. Once you have chosen a theme and color scheme, find matching cupcake liners, sprinkles or confetti, and food color for your frosting or fondant toppers.
• If your child likes certain cartoon characters such as Sponge Bob and Friends, Winnie the Pooh, Superman, Dora the Explorer, and the Disney Princesses, the easiest way to decorate a cupcake is to look for stickers of these characters and turn them into paper toppers. All you will need are wooden skewers, a glue gun, and a piece of cardboard to stick the stickers on, and voila! You now have paper toppers for your cupcakes. Remember to use the dominant color used by the character to color your frosting to tie your cupcake decoration together.
• When decorating for adults, you may choose a more subdued color scheme. Adults will usually pay more attention to the actual flavor, so go for rich cupcake recipes such as red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Place a paper flaglet on top with a birthday greeting written on it, and you’re good to go!
If you want to learn more about this topic, then visit www.howexpert.com/bcakes.
HowExpert publishes quick ‘how to' guides on unique topics by everyday experts. Visit HowExpert.com to learn more.