If you want to know how to draw manga the easiest and simplest way, then check this book out. This book contains manga drawing. Manga originates in Japan. The video version of manga is known as anime. When it comes to the style of drawing, anime is indeed the same drawing as manga. The only difference between them is anime is a film that actually moves while manga stays on the page.
Here are some of the most significant features that you’ll need to know in drawing manga:
Eyes – manga-style eyes are one of the most interesting parts when you draw a manga.
• Usually manga artists start drawing the eyes with an oval with two curved horizontals on it. The oval will be iris, while the two curved horizontal lines will be the eye’s upper and lower brim.
• The manga eyes consist of pupil, highlights, and shadows, as well as a thick outline for the eye’s upper and lower brims.
Face – manga-style faces are also quite unique and a bit hard to draw, especially for the beginners, because you need to emphasize on the character’s gender and expression at the same time.
• drawing a manga-style face always starts with an oval. This will be your pattern for the character’s face’s shape.
• After drawing the oval, draw a vertical line down the middle. This vertical line will help you position the nose and the chin. You will then have to add two horizontal lines, forming a sort of a cross. These lines will help you position the character’s eyes.
Heads – drawing manga-style heads can be difficult at first because positioning the facial features can give you a hard time (the eyes, the lips, the nose, and the ears), especially if the head is in an awkward angle.
• Manga-style head patterns are similar to the patterns used in drawing manga-style faces. The only difference between the two is that you will need to focus on emphasizing the character’s angle or direction.
• You’ll need to apply shadings to your drawings, as this will help you emphasize your character’s angle.
Hair – Another unique feature of manga-style characters is hair. Hairstyles typically represent the character’s attitude, which is why most of the manga characters have outrageous, hard-to-draw hairstyles.
• Instead of drawing manga-style hair strand by strand, which can be complicated, you can draw the hair as a whole or simply use the outline to give it the right shape.
• Proceed by adding lines and details to make it look a bit more realistic (such as lines, shadings, and highlights).
Body – Bodies can be one of the more complicated parts in drawing manga, because they require you to maintain the character’s proportion.
• Use the same pattern for drawing the head, but this time add a vertical line underneath the oval or the chin. This vertical line will be the character’s spine.
• After drawing a vertical line, draw three horizontal lines on the vertical line. These horizontal lines will help you locate the character’s shoulder, waist, and hips.
• Draw circles as markers for the joints. Then connect lines to the circle until you complete the body structure. Lastly, apply the character’s shape, curves, face, accessories, clothing, and other details.
• These methods are applicable in drawing manga-style female figures, male figures, and couples. Just make sure you emphasize gender, emotion, angle, and action.
Hands – This is the possibly the most complicated part in drawing manga because hands have lots of joints and segments which can point in different directions.
• Hand patterns consist of an oval divided into four where the joints are located. First, draw a circle on the bottom of the oval for the wrist. Second, sketch a slanted oblong beside the wrist or circle for the thumb. This will give you a wire frame with small circles on the joints.
• It will be easier for you to draw manga style hands by visualizing segmented hollow tubes on the fingers. These will help you know how thick and wide the fingers will be.
Feet – Like manga hands, manga feet are also difficult when it comes to drawing. Manga feet have also a joints and segments which can also point in different directions.
• Feet patterns consist of an oval divided into five where the joints are located. It will be easier for you to draw manga–style feet by visualizing segmented hollow tubes on the toes. These will help you know how thick and wide the toes will be.
Manga Characters – Manga characters has different style and poses. On the last chapter, we’re going to draw manga poses, including female model that wears a bikini.
• The patterns used for drawing manga characters with different poses are similar to the patterns used for drawing manga-style bodies; the only difference is you will need to make it look more realistic. Focus more on drawing or adding realistic features such as lips, hair, and eyes.
If you want to learn more about this topic, then visit www.howexpert.com/mangab.